February 6, 2018
TO : All Heads of Agencies and Human Resource Management Practitioners in Regions IV-A and IV-B
The Civil Service Commission Regional Office No. 4 announces the acceptance of HR-Related Technical Paper in connection with this year’s Search for Best HRMP in Technical Writing. The HR-related technical paper may focus in any of, but not limited to, the following:
1. Experience in HR Management/Development
2. Best Practice in HR Management/Development
3. Research on HR Management/Development
4. Critique of a Civil Service Commission (CSC) policy
Please take note of the following guidelines in writing your technical paper:
1. Format and content should comply with the attached template.
2. Other requirements:
- All papers must be typewritten, double-spaced on one side only of A4 size paper. An equation or symbol that cannot be typed may be handwritten.
- The pages of the paper must be numbered consecutively. The Introduction, Body, Conclusion, Tables and Diagrams should not exceed 8 pages while the above section with the Appendices should not exceed 10 pages.
Further, it is requested that additional discussions be made by highlighting the impact of your paper in relation to your performance as HR along the four (4) core HR functions such as Recruitment, Selection and Placement (RSP), Performance Management (PM), Learning and Development (L&D) and Rewards and Recognition (R&R).
TEMPLATE FOR TECHNICAL PAPER
(Name of Researcher/Writer)
- A brief introduction describing the discipline/topic that the paper belongs to
- A clear and concise statement of your problem
- A brief explanation of your solution and its key ideas
- A brief description of the results obtained and their impacts
- Give the background on and motivation for your research. Establish its importance.
- Give the summary and outline of your paper
- The proper flow is to first set the context, then present your proposal, then provide the verification, then wrap up with conclusions
- Problem statement – state what the problem is
- Solution – describe solution and its functionality
- Provide tables and figures (charts)
- Provide analysis of data
- Elaborate impact of your research
- Provide directions for future research in the field
- Attach appendices as support
REFERENCES OR BIBLIOGRAPHY
- List of books, publications, web pages and others that served as references while doing the research